Single Natural Bronze or Plain Steel Acoustic Guitar Strings
Single strings ship free with any order over $20
Single strings are always a good idea. Nothing wrong with having a few extra of that string that always seems to break on you — just in case. Even better, grab singles in a few gauges that are slightly different than the other acoustic sets you’re getting, that way you can try a few variations and see what you like best.
Choose your gauge, enter your quantity, and then click add to cart. If you need more than one gauge, just come back to this page to add the others.
Wondering what P and W stand for? Click to expand...
What do the P’s and W’s mean?
- All gauges lighter than .018 are plain steel, all heavier than .026 are 80/20 bronze wound.
- On gauges where we overlap, a “p” signifies plain steel, a “w” signifies a wound string.
- So, if you see a .020w, that’s a wound string. A .020p is a plain string. If it doesn’t have either letter we only offer it as a wound string (if it’s heavier than .026) or a plain steel string (if it’s lighter than .018). Got it? Good.
OUR GUARANTEE IS SIMPLE.
If you don't love it, we'll replace it. No hassle, no fine print, no questions asked.
To put it simply, fresh acoustic strings, made with quality materials and genuine care just sound and play better.
- Stringjoy acoustic guitar strings are made by a small team in the USA, out of all American materials: our top quality Natural Bronze™ phosphor bronze alloy, wound around a high carbon hex-core steel wire.
- The combination of better materials and more careful craftsmanship creates a more natural-sounding, longer lasting string, without the tone-deadening effects of string coatings.
- We’re known for our quality control. Our strings are wound in small batches, and we use real human beings at every step of the process: the winding, the coiling, the packing, you name it.
- Every string is inspected individually before it goes into your set. If anything is wrong with a string, from the way it’s secured around the ball end, through the entire winding, it doesn’t make the cut.
What do higher quality acoustic guitar strings mean for you?
✓ Better tuning stability for the life of the string
✓ A brighter, more pronounced sound from the guitar
✓ Longer string life and less breakage, when cared for properly
✓ Smoother, more balanced playability across the neck of the guitar
Our guarantee is what we say it is. If anything does not perform to your satisfaction, return it for a replacement or refund. No hassle, no worries.
Questions? Email us!
How much does shipping cost?
All US orders ship free, so long as they’re over $20. Alaska and Hawaii too. Simple as that. No tax (except for our fellow TN residents), no extra handling charges, nothing.
We do ship internationally as well, though unfortunately we can’t do it for free, but we get as close to it as we can. There’s some more info on all that at the bottom of this tab.
How long will it take for my order to ship?
Most string and pick orders ship within 3 business days, many within 1 business day (Monday – Friday, minus postal holidays). We want to get your gear out as quickly as possible, but quality is important to us above all, and we will not rush the process.
The most important thing to us is that everything in your order is perfect, and that’s why we take the time to put together and inspect each individual order by hand.
Do you ship outside of the US?
We’ll ship most anywhere in the world. Our site will automatically calculate the shipping costs on the checkout page. We’ve worked really hard to get international shipping costs super low (they start below $3 an order, depending on weight and destination country), and we do subsidize them substantially to keep them that way.
Due to the wealth of country tax and tariff codes the world over, any and all import duties or fees are the responsibility of the purchaser.
Typically, international orders arrive in 1-3 weeks, though occasionally packages will take a bit longer and still arrive safe and sound, so we don’t consider a package to be “lost” until 6 weeks from the shipment date. As always, if you have any questions, concerns, or trouble with your order, we’re here to help.