Single Natural Bronze or Plain Steel Acoustic Guitar Strings
Single strings ship free with any order over $20
Single strings are always a good idea. Nothing wrong with having a few extra of that string that always seems to break on you — just in case. Even better, grab singles in a few gauges that are slightly different than the other acoustic sets you’re getting, that way you can try a few variations and see what you like best.
Choose your gauge, enter your quantity, and then click add to cart. If you need more than one gauge, just come back to this page to add the others.
Wondering what P and W stand for? Click to expand...
What do the P’s and W’s mean?
- All gauges lighter than .018 are plain steel, all heavier than .026 are 80/20 bronze wound.
- On gauges where we overlap, a “p” signifies plain steel, a “w” signifies a wound string.
- So, if you see a .020w, that’s a wound string. A .020p is a plain string. If it doesn’t have either letter we only offer it as a wound string (if it’s heavier than .026) or a plain steel string (if it’s lighter than .018). Got it? Good.
To put it simply, fresh acoustic strings, made with quality materials and genuine care just sound and play better.
- Stringjoy acoustic guitar strings are made by a small team in the USA, out of all American materials: our top quality Natural Bronze™ phosphor bronze alloy, wound around a high carbon hex-core steel wire.
- The combination of better materials and more careful craftsmanship creates a more natural-sounding, longer lasting string, without the tone-deadening effects of string coatings.
- We’re known for our quality control. Our strings are wound in small batches, and we use real human beings at every step of the process: the winding, the coiling, the packing, you name it.
- Every string is inspected individually before it goes into your set. If anything is wrong with a string, from the way it’s secured around the ball end, through the entire winding, it doesn’t make the cut.
What do higher quality acoustic guitar strings mean for you?
✓ Better tuning stability for the life of the string
✓ A brighter, more pronounced sound from the guitar
✓ Longer string life and less breakage, when cared for properly
✓ Smoother, more balanced playability across the neck of the guitar
Our guarantee is what we say it is. If anything does not perform to your satisfaction, return it for a replacement or refund. No hassle, no worries.
Questions? Email us!
Orders placed through Stringjoy.com are eligible for FREE standard shipping on orders over $20 USD. All Stringjoy products are shipped directly from our factory in Nashville, TN, USA.
It will take up to 2 business days to process your order, regardless of the shipping option selected at checkout. We ship Monday through Friday, excluding weekends and holidays. We cannot guarantee Saturday delivery, even if your shipping is upgraded to express. Please allow up to 2 business days for orders to process (for example, if you order on Monday, your order should ship out on Tuesday or Wednesday). You will receive a confirmation e-mail with the tracking link once your order ships. Please allow up to 48 hours to receive this shipping confirmation e-mail. Express shipping options and any other third-party fees are non-refundable. We cannot be held accountable for delays caused by the carrier.
Do note that if inaccurate or incomplete addresses are provided your order may be delayed. Please thoroughly review their shipping information prior to checking out to avoid any such delays.
Territories of the United States: For orders shipped to a territory of the United States, as well as for Hawaii and Alaska, please allow anywhere between 5-15 business days for your order to reach your destination.
P.O. Boxes: We do ship to P.O. Boxes via USPS mail services.
Military Addresses: We do ship to military addresses. We ship these orders via USPS to a military base who is then responsible for delivering the package to your final destination. For military orders, delivery times can range from 15-20 business days.
Please see our full Shipping Policy for complete details.