Stringjoy Custom 6 String Nickel Wound Electric Guitar Strings
You’re an individual. You don’t want to play the same strings as everybody else, because you don’t play like everybody else. Well my friend, you’ve come to the right place.
Using the drop-down menus below, you can built out a set that’s exactly what you need to sound and play even more like you — and that’s what really counts, isn’t it?
You choose the perfect strings for you, we’ll inspect, coil, and package them by hand. Soon you’ll be playing the perfect set of strings for your playing style — and you’ll never want to go back to playing the same strings everybody else gets off the rack.
Once you’ve settled on the right gauges, just hit the blue button below to add ’em to your cart.
Wondering what P and W stand for? String length questions? Click to expand...
What do the P’s and W’s mean?
- All gauges lighter than .018 are plain steel, all heavier than .026 are nickel wound.
- On gauges where we overlap, a “p” signifies plain steel, a “w” signifies a wound string.
- So, if you see a .020w, that’s a wound string. A .020p is a plain string. If it doesn’t have either letter we only offer it as a wound string (if it’s heavier than .026) or a plain steel string (if it’s lighter than .018). Got it? Good.
How long are your strings?
- All our strings are at least 41″ from ball-end to tip. They’ll fit extended range and baritone guitars no problem.
- Gauges heavier than .062 have a slight taper at 37″ from the ball end, and can also be unwound to fit into smaller tuning pegs, with a pair of needlenose pliers. If you’re having to do that often, it’s better to have a tech file out your tuning peg.
To put it simply, fresh strings, made with quality materials and genuine care just sound and play better.
- Stringjoy guitar strings are made by a small team in the USA, out of all American materials: top quality nickel alloy, hand wound around a high carbon steel core wire.
- The combination of better materials and more careful craftsmanship creates a more natural-sounding, longer lasting string, without the tone-deadening effects of string coatings.
- We’re known for our quality control. Our strings are wound in small batches, and we use real human beings at every step of the process: the winding, the coiling, the packing, you name it.
- Every string is inspected individually before it goes into your set. If anything is wrong with a string, from the way it’s secured around the ball end, through the entire winding, it doesn’t make the cut.
What does a higher quality set of guitar strings mean for you?
✓ Better tuning stability for the life of the string
✓ Longer string life and less breakage, when cared for properly
✓ Smoother, more balanced playability across the neck of the guitar
Our guarantee is what we say it is. If anything does not perform to your satisfaction, return it for a replacement or refund. No hassle, no worries.
Questions? Email us!
Orders placed through Stringjoy.com are eligible for FREE standard shipping on orders over $20 USD. All Stringjoy products are shipped directly from our factory in Nashville, TN, USA.
It will take up to 2 business days to process your order, regardless of the shipping option selected at checkout. We ship Monday through Friday, excluding weekends and holidays. We cannot guarantee Saturday delivery, even if your shipping is upgraded to express. Please allow up to 2 business days for orders to process (for example, if you order on Monday, your order should ship out on Tuesday or Wednesday). You will receive a confirmation e-mail with the tracking link once your order ships. Please allow up to 48 hours to receive this shipping confirmation e-mail. Express shipping options and any other third-party fees are non-refundable. We cannot be held accountable for delays caused by the carrier.
Do note that if inaccurate or incomplete addresses are provided your order may be delayed. Please thoroughly review their shipping information prior to checking out to avoid any such delays.
Territories of the United States: For orders shipped to a territory of the United States, as well as for Hawaii and Alaska, please allow anywhere between 5-15 business days for your order to reach your destination.
P.O. Boxes: We do ship to P.O. Boxes via USPS mail services.
Military Addresses: We do ship to military addresses. We ship these orders via USPS to a military base who is then responsible for delivering the package to your final destination. For military orders, delivery times can range from 15-20 business days.
Please see our full Shipping Policy for complete details.