Stringjoy Signatures | Single Nickel Wound Electric Guitar Strings
Single strings ship free in the USA with any order over $20
Single strings are always a good idea. Nothing wrong with having a few extra of that string that always seems to break on you — just in case. Even better, grab singles in a few gauges that are slightly different than the set you’re getting, that way you can try a few variations and see what you like best.
Choose your gauge, enter your quantity, and then click add to cart. If you need more than one gauge, just come back to this page to add the others.
Wondering what P and W stand for? String length questions? Click to expand...
What do the P’s and W’s mean?
- All gauges lighter than .018 are plain steel, all heavier than .026 are nickel wound.
- On gauges where we overlap, a “p” signifies plain steel, a “w” signifies a wound string.
- So, if you see a .020w, that’s a wound string. A .020p is a plain string. If it doesn’t have either letter we only offer it as a wound string (if it’s heavier than .026) or a plain steel string (if it’s lighter than .018). Got it? Good.
How long are your strings?
- All our strings are at least 41″ from ball-end to tip. They’ll fit extended range and baritone guitars no problem.
- Gauges heavier than .062 have a slight taper at 37″ from the ball end, and can also be unwound to fit into smaller tuning pegs, with a pair of needlenose pliers. If you’re having to do that often, it’s better to have a tech file out your tuning peg.
To put it simply, fresh strings, made with quality materials and genuine care just sound and play better.
- Stringjoy guitar strings are made by a small team in the USA, out of all American materials: top quality nickel-plated steel, hand wound around a high carbon steel core wire.
- The combination of better materials and more careful craftsmanship creates a more natural-sounding, longer lasting string, without the tone-deadening effects of string coatings.
- We’re known for our quality control. Our strings are wound in small batches, and we use real human beings at every step of the process: the winding, the coiling, the packing, you name it.
- Every string is inspected individually before it goes into your set. If anything is wrong with a string, from the way it’s secured around the ball end, through the entire winding, it doesn’t make the cut.
What do a higher quality guitar strings mean for you?
✓ Better tuning stability for the life of the string
✓ Longer string life and less breakage, when cared for properly
✓ Smoother, more balanced playability across the neck of the guitar
Our guarantee is what we say it is. If anything does not perform to your satisfaction, return it for a replacement or refund. No hassle, no worries.
Questions? Email us!
Orders placed through Stringjoy.com are eligible for FREE standard domestic shipping on orders over $20 USD (available to all US address including Alaska & Hawaii, US Territories & Military Addresses). Be sure to select the “Free Shipping” option at checkout if your order qualifies. Worldwide shipping is available for a low flat-rate of $6.95. All Stringjoy products are shipped directly from our factory in Nashville, TN, USA.
Typically, it takes up to 2 business days to process your order, regardless of the shipping option selected at checkout. In rare cases we experience extremely high demand and it may take up to 4 business days for your order to ship. We ship Monday through Friday, excluding weekends and holidays. We cannot guarantee Saturday delivery, even if your shipping is upgraded to express. Please allow up to 2 (or in rare cases, 4) business days for orders to process (for example, if you order on Monday, your order should ship out on Tuesday or Wednesday). You will receive a confirmation e-mail with the tracking link once your order ships. Please allow up to 48 hours to receive this shipping confirmation e-mail. Express shipping options and any other third-party fees are non-refundable. We cannot be held accountable for delays caused by the carrier.
Do note that if inaccurate or incomplete addresses are provided your order may be delayed. Please thoroughly review their shipping information prior to checking out to avoid any such delays.
Territories of the United States: For orders shipped to a territory of the United States, as well as for Hawaii and Alaska, please allow anywhere between 5-15 business days for your order to reach your destination.
P.O. Boxes: We do ship to P.O. Boxes via USPS mail services.
Military Addresses: We do ship to military addresses. We ship these orders via USPS to a military base who is then responsible for delivering the package to your final destination. For military orders, delivery times can range from 15-20 business days.
ESTIMATED DELIVERY TIME
Any estimated delivery window provided by Stringjoy or by the carrier is merely an estimate. No guarantee is made as to the delivery timeframe, and no refunds can be provided on the basis of delivery timeframes.
Domestic Orders: Please allow up to 10 business days before contacting us about the potential your package could be lost.
International Orders: Please allow up to 30 business days before contacting us about the potential your package could be lost.
USA STATE SALES TAXES
Currently, Stringjoy is required to charge and remit sales tax for orders shipped to these states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin
These collected taxes are mandated by local and state governments and Stringjoy directly pays the amount we collect to the respective states and municipalities. This list is subject to change without warning.
INTERNATIONAL DUTIES, TAXES & FEES
International customers (outside of the United States) are responsible to pay any applicable inbound duties, taxes, and any other fees which your local Customs authority deems appropriate. These fees are paid to your local carrier or government and are not collected by Stringjoy, and thus cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
We ship international packages DDU (duties and taxes unpaid), meaning that these fees are not included in the price of the goods you purchase from our website. All applicable fees must be paid by the final recipient in order to receive the package. For information on these charges, please contact your country’s customs office or tax agent for respective charges and rates on a package coming outside of your country.
COUNTRIES WE CANNOT SHIP TO
Unfortunately we cannot ship to the following countries (excluding AFO / DPO / FPO Military Mail): Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burundi, Cote d’ivoire (Ivory Coast), Croatia, Cuba, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Liberia, Libya, Moldova, Montenegro, Myanmar (Burma), Nigeria, North Korea, Paraguay, Republic of the Congo, Russia, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Togo, Yemen and Zimbabwe.
Please see our full Shipping Policy for complete details.